Login  |  Register
Page: 1

wrestling_ranker
43 posts
Mar 12, 2018
10:59 PM
Tirapelle stepping down at Clovis

From Clovis High Facebook Page....

"I want to thank our Clovis High wrestlers, families, coaches and administration who have made my tenure as the Director of Wrestling at Clovis High a wonderful experience. This season is my last as the Head Wrestling Coach for Clovis wrestling. I will continue to assist the new Head Coach, but will focus my attention on our club offerings (K-12th grade) for our elementary/middle school student athletes/families, as well as mentoring our elementary/middle school coaching staffs. I will also focus on individual skills and techniques for our elite wrestlers at all levels.

Clovis High Wrestling has set the bar high for all California Wrestling, in it’s forty-eight year history. Clovis has practically written California’s State Wrestling history and record books with 13- team championships, 5-straight team championships, 39-individual state champions, 63-state finalist appearances, 167-state medalist, most team medalist in one year-10 medalists two times, team scoring record 276.5 pts., multiple individual champions per year-13 years, 2- 4X California State Champions (Justin Mejia & Seth Nevills), the Nevills family making California Wrestling history with 15-medals, 11- finalist appearances and 9-individual championships (Zach 5th-3rd-2nd-1st, Nick 1st-3rd-1st-1st, AJ 7th-2nd-1st & Seth 1st-1st-1st-1st) and two National Wrestling Team Championships.

I now look forward to new challenges and continuing our tradition of excellence. Clovis will continue to create California wrestling history, every time the cougars take the mat. Our goal is to is to better prepare our youth athletes for the challenges ahead, so they are better prepared for the big stage.

Once again, thanks to all of the Clovis High wrestling families, wrestlers, administration, California’s wrestling families and friends of wrestling for supporting Clovis, California and our college wrestling programs."

Sincerely,

Coach Stephen Tirapelle

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.