Wrestling Forum > Poway Elite Wrestling Team New Season
Poway Elite Wrestling Team New Season
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Poway Wrestling Camp
233 posts
Aug 09, 2018
5:32 AM
Our new season starts next week on Monday August 13th. We will host open practices on the 13th and the 15th of August for anyone looking to try our club out, get a workout in, or just train a couple of days with the best wrestling club in San Diego! Practices are held from 5:30pm-7:00pm. EVERYONE IN GRADE 8 AND UNDER IS WELCOME!

Coaches:
John Meyers- Head Coach Poway High School, University of Minnesota, University World Team Member, Cadet Pan Am Freestyle Team Member, 4X HS State Champion

Todd Schavrien- University of Missouri, Division I All-American, Head Assistant Coach at U of Missouri, Drexel, and Cal Poly, Freestyle University National Champion, CA State Champion

Victor Lopez- Bucknell University, 3x CA State Placer, Division I Academic All-American

2018-2019 POWAY ELITE:
2 CA Triple Crown Winners (win state championships in Greco, Freestyle and Folk)
3 USA Schoolboy National Dual Team Members Freestyle and Greco
1 Schoolboy Pan American Games USA Team Member Freestyle and Greco
8 total CA Kids State Champions
12 total CA Kids State Finalists
22 total CA kids State top 3 finishers
USA Western Regionals- 5 Champions, 7 Finalists, 11 Top 3 Finishers

We are Champions in the Classroom as Well:
Division I Colleges Currently Represented by Poway Elite Wrestlers:
University of Columbia
Oregon State
US Naval Academy (3)
University of Wyoming
University of Northern Colorado
University of Virginia
Utah Valley University
Oregon State

Come check us out as all wresters from 8th grade and under are welcome Monday and Wednesday of next week at 5:30pm. All levels of wrestlers are invited. If you have any questions please feel free to email Coach Meyers at: jam138@yahoo.com

Information about our recreational youth teams, Poway Slammers, is coming soon!

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.